Friday, February 24, 2012

terrain park

charlie, bill and I got to get out skiing last week while bill’s consultant was out of town. he took a half day off and since laura was here we were able to both get out skiing with charlie. it was such fun and we had a beautiful day. charlie has gotten out to ski quite a few times this year. I think while he was skiing with pappy or g pops they took him off some jumps in the terrain park. so he kept asking to do that. I was less than thrilled because I know what the years ahead will bring if he takes to going off jumps. it makes me nervous already.

in the lodge before getting out on the slopes.

February 2012 165

going up the lift. these two love their time together on the hill.

February 2012 166

this was monumental. charlie now gets to get pulled when getting to different places on the hill versus bill having to push or carry him. bill’s legs are happy.

February 2012 173

welch has a couple of quad lifts, but the terrain park is only by a double so I would ride behind charlie and bill. c’s legs are too short for them to hang over the lift so bill sits him on the lift with his legs off to the side.

February 2012 176

going off one jump.

February 2012 183

almost going to get some air.

February 2012 184

as I am writing this, charlie and bill just arrived home from a night of skiing (10 pm now). charlie always comes back from skiing just beaming with pride and chatting about tons of stuff. he actually walked in declaring that he had an idea… “he wanted an iphone for his birthday!”. I don’t have the heart to tell him he won’t get an iphone for years bucko.

1 comment:

  1. That brings back memories: The "getting pulled and jumps" not the iPhone. But that made me laugh. What a blessing to have such great family fun.

    ReplyDelete