Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Paris day 4

Another day - another perfect breakfast. Can you tell I enjoyed the hotel? 

Since we were there for an international ENT conference there were lots of Mayo ENT drs that Bill worked with who also attended the conference. We stayed away from the conference center so didn't see them a lot, but one morning Becky - Matt Carlson's wife and I met up and walked around and had a coffee while the boys were at the conference in the morning. 


me and Becky!

When Bill got back from the conference this afternoon he informed me that the event tonight at the Lourve was a black tie event. I had been suspicious of this, but didn't worry about it. Since Bill didn't have a black tie and I could use a more formal dress we decided to go shopping to these famous shopping centers in Paris - called Galeries Lafayette. We should know by now that we both don't really love to shop or just browse. We aren't the people spending $1000 euros on gucci shoes. We got there and while the building is cool it just shuts us both down and we get cranky. We did find Bill a cheap bow tie and after looking at $400 dresses that I didn't love I eventually got a more formal dress at Zara for $35 euros. It was raining outside so we didn't really miss anything, but both opted to just throw in the towel and go find a place to sit and relax a bit before the big night. 

inside Galeries Lafayette. 

after struggling to find a relaxing place - we ended up at our hotel bar area and it was just perfect!  


The Lourve ENT dinner - these large international conferences do big events. Last time Bill went to one it was in Greece and he was at the Parthenon. They rent out these amazing sites and we were lucky enough to get seats at this one. We signed up late for this conference so didn't originally have seats, but Bill did what he always does and was persistent and consistent. He honey badgered our way in there and I am so thankful he did! 

The start!  

as you can see I couldn't find any reasonably priced parisian shoes - only american brands that i could get on Amazon cheaper. So kept it easy with my strapy crocs. ha! 




just incredible to be eating under the pyramid! 

before we sat down - we had the place to ourselves to check out what we wanted to. 


if you have ever been to the Lourve you will know that it is nearly impossible to get a picture next to the Mona Lisa without a million people in front of it. pretty fun to be able to casually walk up. 


during the dinner there was opera! 






we ran into some Mayo residents who were there and were able to all sit together - that made it a fun night! 


What an experience! It was a memorable night!

No comments:

Post a Comment