Back to Summer life in Spokane -- I have to say Spokane has the best summers out of anywhere I have lived. New Zealand summers were great too, but since the summer was over December-January it screwed with my head so I feel like it doesn't count.
Spokane summers are bright blue skies, almost no clouds, warm/hot days and dry. It is consistently sunny day after day after day.
Bill's partner - Neil Giddings - has a cherry tree and one night we went and picked a box full in just 10 minutes. So good!
The day after we returned we started 2 weeks of swimming lessons with the Hubbells - the girls had a semi private lesson and then the boys. I will say that instructor earned her keep keeping these 3 in line.
Charlie
while working our way through all the cherries - Claire started designing faces with the pits and stems.
Claire with her creation
more accessories.
this is spokane weather.
the first weekend we were back - Nana and G Pops decided to meet us up at the Mountain. Crossing the bridge into Sandpoint, ID I always feel a sense of relief.
we headed up to the village in the morning.
Ellie and Clare are always stopping to smell and pick the flowers. I do love that about them, but sometimes it drives me crazy!
claire
the kids trying out the jumping thing. it is a lot harder than it looks. when the girls were getting weighed to make sure they were ok to jump. Ellie had just slammed 12 oz of water and she hopped on the scale and came in at 42.2lbs. Claire hopped on and came in at 42.1lbs. HA! I am just amazed at their weight consistency!
we headed down into Sandpoint to the farmer's market - where my mom and I grabbed my favorite decorative basil iced tea. MMMM
this lady is the artist
on the boat we took my parents to one of our favorite spots on the Lake - "Stone skipping bay".
these pictures don't do the views justice!
G pops with the kids exploring
do you spy someone taking a nap??
my dad - not bad for nearly 58.
it was a really calm day on the lake - bill waterskiing
me practicing my driving - with my dad coaching me. it was quite an experience.
not a bad tubing scene for these kids!
proof that I water skied this year.
the next day - my mom and I headed out for a quick hike.
probably one of my favorite places on earth. Love being back!
No comments:
Post a Comment