the girls had their first doctor’s appointment this morning to mainly check their weight gain. as a nursing mother I get a little stressed about early weigh ins probably because all their intake is being supplied by me! anyway, they both rocked their weigh ins and I am one proud breastfeeding mom.
ellie left the hospital on friday weighing just under her birth weight at 4 lbs 9 ounces. she weighed in today at 4 lbs 13 ounces and her length was 18 inches (the initial birth length was probably a bit off). up over 4 ounces in 3 days.
claire left the hospital on friday weighing just under her birth weight at 4 lbs 13 ounces. she weighed in today at 5 lbs and her length was 18.5 inches (again – birth measurement was probably a bit off). up over 3 ounces in 3 days.
dr lynch said he was really impressed with their weight gain. I am so relieved. it is great to know that all my nursing and pumping is paying off. they did great at the appointment and didn’t even cry. I think when we first took charlie in it was more stressful! he also said I could start decreasing a pumping session and let them dictate when they want to eat so we don’t have to wake them up every 3 hours anymore. hopefully they can start going 4 hours at night!
double the fun in the jiggle chair. e on the left, c on the right.
yesterday, bubba, pappy and dotes came to visit.
happy birthday pappy!
nana and ellie.
That picture of your mom and Ellie is SO sweet! Also - great job on the weight gain, girls! 4 hours at night would be fantastic...I hope you get it.
ReplyDeleteNice job ladies! Adorable pictures.
ReplyDeleteHow amazing, Steph! Your hard work has paid off! Pictures are adorable!
ReplyDeleteKeep it up Steph! You are amazing!
ReplyDelete