Friday, April 8, 2011

operation don’t get mastitis!

yesterday was brutal! I woke up feeling ill and with sore clogged ducts. for someone who has had mastitis you know this means trouble! I really didn’t want to go on antibiotics because when I did with charlie I thought it affected my milk supply (I got mastitis 3 times with charlie and it was horrible each time). so I spent all yesterday fending off this wicked sickness. I napped, used warm compresses, nursed frequently, massaged the ducts, etc. today I woke up feeling less sore and am hoping that I can continue my quest to avoid getting mastitis.

here are some pictures of the cuties. claire is on the left and ellie on the right.

April 2011 003

my dad holding ellie.

April 2011 007

bill took charlie to the house of bounce one afternoon to burn off some steam. I warned bill it might be a bit greasy and dirty, but he didn’t think it would be. after arriving home they both marched right to the shower and cleaned off. bill said it was one of the greasiest places he had been. he even said it might be nastier than the state fair! charlie didn't seem to care. he was stunned by the big slides.

April 2011 014

go dog go!

April 2011 016

in other news, charlie is really into calling people by their first names. it is really hard not to bust out laughing or respond to him when he says “HEY BEALLL” (for bill) or “HEY JOEL” (for g pops). thankfully, he has only called me steph a few times.

1 comment:

  1. Charlie is a hoot! So glad we got to see you and can't wait until it's more of a regular thing again! Praying that you fend off that mastitis...

    ReplyDelete