Thursday, April 21, 2011

success or failure???

well today I took all 3 kids to the RAC (alone). in some ways that is a success. I made it out the door with all 3 kids pretty happy and with all of my bags. my plan was to drop charlie off in childcare and nurse the girls. then try to workout for a bit and maybe shower off before picking charlie off. things went according to plans until I tried to workout. the girls were content, but a bit agitated by being put back in their car seats. ellie and claire do not like when they have things moving through their bowels or bladders. they grunt, groan, and cry out. then they want their pacifier, but as soon as they get it they spit it out. joy joy. so I hopped on an elliptical hoping for 20 minutes of movement, but I spent most of the time hunched over them replacing the pacifiers, soothing, etc. I think I ellipticalled for a total of 3 minutes. wooohooo!

 

what I was most happy about was that I didn’t start to get really frustrated. I LOVE to workout and prior to having the girls if my workout was interrupted/delayed my blood pressure instantly went up. during my last few weeks of the pregnancy, I made a decision that these next 6 months might be different for me in the workout department. I think having realistic expectations about what my workouts might look like made me more accepting of my 3 minute workout today. I also know that years from now I will be wishing for more time with my girls so I am soaking up some quiet nursing time in the locker room and going to enjoy these little peanuts while charlie runs around and plays in kids club.

my goal for next week’s work out is 5 minutes!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Steph! Success #1: You made it to the gym. #2: You worked out for 3 glorious minutes. #3: You enjoyed your time with the girls in spite of it all. #4: You are going to try again.

    ReplyDelete