Monday, April 8, 2013

pending…

just when I was really losing hope. really getting exhausted. we got an offer on our house (friday – april 5th)! Praise God! I was worried with how desperate I was feeling that I would take any offer (which I might have), but thankfully it was a good offer. the only initial hitch was they wanted to close May 6th! That is like 4 weeks away!! But after discussions we will be able to rent back until June 3rd, which is still a bit earlier than I was initially thinking we will leave and still much better than May 3rd.

so we have the home inspection on Saturday so our house is pending sale until that is finalized. I am praying that goes smoothly and then we will be able to semi-check off one major thing from our list.

the odd thing about selling this house is that it is REALLY hard! I should be elated and relieved and uber excited and instead officially having an offer made the move all the more real. I think I started crying the instant it was official (they signed our counter offer). We have made so many wonderful memories in this sweet house – including bringing home 3 babies! I am emotional about leaving my friends and taking charlie, ellie and claire away from their friends. I know life would never stay like it is right now, but this has been such a sweet time for us and it is hard to let it go.

moving in 8 weeks seems all to close – especially when this spring the weather has been atrocious! cold, rain, snow/sleet, sun, rain, ugh! we need some spring weather to make it feel like April before it is time to bust out our swim gear.

as a side note – I think we had almost 30 showings. I used to think vacuuming 2-3 times a week was a lot. there were many many days I vacuumed 3 times that day! after Saturday my house will be a mess and I am going to be so happy.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I know what you mean about being sad. As much as we went through to sell our townhouse and as much as I WANTED it sold, when it actually happened...tears of sadness! I kept thinking of Eva and Elise taking their first steps across our living room floor and I'd just lose it.

    You've lived Rochester to the fullest while you have been there. You've been a supportive and loving wife, brought three beautiful children into the world, raised them in a godly way, and created lasting friendships. Oh, and you've looked drop dead gorg while doing it. You deserve a medal. I know your next chapter will be every bit as amazing. Congratulations on the home sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah Steph....so exciting!! It is a bit sad to move on and I cried many tears when we left residency as well, but I was happy to say goodbye to the horrendous hours and have a normal 'family' life for the first time ever. Take lots of pictures of the house before you move because someday your kids will be amazed that 'we lived there?!?!'......and soak up the last few months of this stage in life before you move on to the next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the emotions very clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to find Kate G, become her friend, and have her write me a pick-me-up note when we sell our house. Because I couldn't agree more with her words to you!

    ReplyDelete