Wednesday, August 15, 2012

are they ready??

so the girls have been VERY interested in their bodily functions for awhile now. I think it really started in july when we were in hudson a lot and the girls were in their swim suits (without diapers on because we were at the river) almost all day. they figured out when they should go to the bathroom (they would go up on the sand and go tinkle – it was hysterical).  they also love to get into the tub, stand up and tinkle. then they clap for themselves and each other. I will admit that I full embrace and encourage this. the faster they learn what it feels like to go to the bathroom and how to control it the easier they will be to train. claire will come up to me and tap her diaper and say “da” a lot to let me know she is going to be going to the bathroom. it would be helpful if she had some real words. 

so with their newfound excitement over going to the bathroom, I busted out the little potty chair to see if they wanted to sit on it before bath time. well – they were initially obsessed with it. they tinkled on it a few times, but mostly they just wanted to sit on it.

the other day, claire kept pointing at her diaper and walking over to the bathroom and so I finally just brought out the potty chair and let them walk around toto nanuck (totally naked). they had a blast taking turns on it. no one had any success, but that doesn’t matter. I really don’t expect them to potty train until around 2.5 yrs old. however, I have no problem talking about going to the bathroom on the toilet, letting them try, having accidents, whatever.

ellie on the toilet. claire giving pointers.

August 2012 059

claire – cruising around sans diaper.

August 2012 061

ellie – checking out the toilet to see if she had any progress.

August 2012 062

2 comments: