eleanore and claire have officially entered “time out stage” at the schmitt house. they get put in timeout for blatant disobedience (once they are warned once). since they have seen charlie model many, many time outs they definitely know what they had to do. the first time I put ellie into time out it was pretty effective. she was crying and just put her little hands on the wall and stood there. I couldn’t believe it. nothing like teaching charlie to put in timeout. I am still not sure if they actually think it is a punishment. sometimes they are sad, sometimes they cry, sometimes they just stand there. who knows if this will be the ticket, but as of right now this is my discipline strategy.
here is claire. I thought I had a couple pictures of ellie in time out, but I can’t locate them.
what is this for again?
for being picky eaters as babies, ellie and claire are really into eating a variety of vegetables. I have no idea when the switch happened, but I am going to enjoy it while it is here. I am sure the switch will flip soon and we’ll be back to eating bread and cheese for all 3 meals.
ellie is obsessed with corn on the cob (must be eaten on the cob) and broccoli. she will see them and instantly start saying “meme meme meme” and pointing.
ellie cleans the cob perfectly. charlie does an ok job.
ellie’s full mouth.
claire has finally joined in and starting eating the broccoli too.
claire’s full mouth.
the lighting on this picture is messed up because it was so bright outside this morning, but I wanted to include it. it shows how much claire (and ellie – but almost always claire) wants to do exactly what charlie is doing. charlie was standing against the window warming up this morning and when I looked over there was claire copying him. so sweet. by the time I grabbed my camera ellie was involved and then the whole party broke up. still a sweet moment though.
my 3 precious kids. always looking a bit hill billy. love them so much - hill billy and all.
We love the hillbilly Schmitt kids!!
ReplyDelete