**to say the girls don’t like solids is an understatement. they hate them! I have tried everything to get them interested. I started with water and rice cereal, then quickly tried bananas alone and with cereal. I also tried to mix the cereal with formula, which they really rejected and makes me nervous for when I want to start using bottles in a month. today I tried to mix a little breast milk with the cereal and they didn’t instantly gag so that was a good thing. since I actually like starting my kids on solids I am bummed they didn’t take to them as quickly as c little did. hopefully they will pick it up over the next couple weeks.
**a little less than a week ago, we started putting the girls to bed earlier and more abruptly (ie – not bouncing, etc). again I am reminded that most of the changes/transitions you experience with parenting (crying it out, taking away things, moving rooms, etc) are never as big of a deal as you think they are going to be. the first couple nights we put them down around 8/8:30, which is when I thought they were tired. a friend really encouraged me to put them to bed earlier than later because they go to bed easier when they are not over tired. she really suggested 6:30/7. I knew when we did it with charlie we were putting him to bed around that time, but it seemed super early for the girls (especially since it is summer it is so light out!). anyway – I started watching the girls after their naps and saw them getting tired around 6 so I started trying to do baths around 6:15/30 and trying to get them down by 7/730. so far it is has worked! they are going to bed easily and it is so nice to have them asleep by 7:30! the only downside is that our evenings are INSANE! after naps (around 4:15/30) things are just go go go to get dinner on the table, keep babies happy, get everyone fed (or in the process of) before we start baths. It is pretty smooth if another adult is around. without that things start falling apart. not sure how I am going to fix this, but most nights will hopefully be smooth (until bill goes back to real life in october). I now need to figure out how to keep them content during the day so I don’t have a mental break from hearing so much fussing!
sweet ellie.
charlie wanted to pose with claire the other morning.
Steph...I think Ellie TOTALLY looks like Laura in this picture! I haven't ever seen that before but its unbelievable to me now!! Thankfully you have a beautiful mother-in-law!
ReplyDelete