Sunday, December 9, 2012

dare I say it?

I think I am seeing the light. meaning, managing charlie, eleanore and claire might be getting a teensiest, teensiest bit easier. I think for the first time since the girls were born (20.5 months ago) when I am home with them I am not running like crazy. I can sit down with my coffee (on the floor mind you) and play with them and enjoy myself. I can sit and watch them take a bath without constantly having to be 3 steps ahead so I can stay on top of things. I can make lunch and they will often entertain each other for 5 minutes without crying. now there are still a lot of fights to be broken up mostly now -  between claire and eleanore and charlie and the girls. and I am now entering the harder (in my mind) part of parenting – discipline multiple children. eleanore and claire are different than charlie and different than each other and I am having to draw from deep deep in my brain to come up with different parenting and discipline techniques. eleanore is one tough, hardnosed girl. she isn’t even a bit bothered with any of the parenting strategies I used with charlie (time outs, take things away, break time, slap on the hand, etc). while ellie is being disciplined claire is nervously watching. she is concerned for ellie and taking notes on what not to do. she will then repeat “no, no, no” over and over while pointing out what they shouldn’t do again (ie: last night it was throwing duplos). I have a feeling these two are going to keep us on our toes.

for the most part though the girls play really nicely and understand more about sharing and taking turns than charlie did at their age. when I look at the girls they seem to be transforming into little girls. they are having a word explosion (finally!) and are talking more and more. I am still the one who understands the most, but both girls like to show me what they can say. they will pick up a hat and walk over and say hat or more like “ha”. you can ask claire to say “hey ellie” and she will mutter something like “hee eyee”. eleanore will say “hee cere”.  both girls will ask for their “sisssst” (sister), which is really sweet. what a blessing these two are to our family. we love you eleanore and claire.

good morning claire.

December 2012 002

good morning squinty ellie.

December 2012 005

yesterday we had a light snow. ellie was checking it out first thing.

December 2012 010 December 2012 018

claire was tending to her babies.

December 2012 019

it was so sweet she took the bracelet off her wrist and put it on her babies.

December 2012 020

December 2012 024

charlie is happily playing cars.

December 2012 028

eleanore – 20 months

December 2012 030

claire – 20 months.

December 2012 031

No comments:

Post a Comment