what a relaxing weekend we had. bill was on call so he was not so relaxed, but it wasn’t a crazy call weekend so he was able to be home for the evenings and sunday morning, which always makes it feel more “normal”. the kids were under the weather so we didn’t go to the gym or church and it made for a very laid back weekend. sometimes I need to be forced to just sit in my pjs for it to actually happen.
charlie decided to Finn McMissle needed baby Jesus’ spot in the stable.
charlie recited (he would say read) The Grinch. he wanted to read it to ellie, but she said no and continued to read her own book. maybe getting more vocal has some downsides.
I am amazed at this child’s memory.
claire decided to find a different seat to read a book. this is her “check this out mom” face.
classic ellie. hoarding books and taking over claire’s spot and saying “mine”. she says a lot of “mine”.
charlie had a convo with pappy and bubba. he has the best conversations now because he can really engage in the discussion now. love when he does this.
nibbling on christmas cookies.
sunday morning. the awe of seeing our first significant snowfall.
I love seeing them peering out these windows.
I was going through our pictures and I started watching some old videos of the girls when they were babies. they plopped on my lap and we watched a few. they kept saying “baby, baby”. we were trying to explain to them who those babies, but I don’t think it stuck just yet.
claire was peering over. he loves watching old videos. it is a great thing for us to be able to watch these videos so often with our kids.
then it was play time. I love our deck for all seasons!
claire. she had mittens on that didn’t have spots for thumbs. they work great, but she had the hardest time holding on to anything – especially when seestor decided she wanted it.
they were all trying to eat snow as fast as possible.
bill and I were inside and couldn’t believe things were quiet. we didn’t even know what to do with ourselves.
ellie wasn’t so sure what to do with herself. she was waiting by the door looking in.
then smashed her face against the window. bill and I were cracking up!
there’s our beautiful ellie!
charlie noticed claire’s hat came off and was very concerned. he made a good attempt to put it back on, but couldn’t quite get it.
ellie threw in the towel and came in.
claire never wanted to quit. she got really got down to snow eating business by the end.
after a low-key weekend, we are now ready to take on the rest of our busy december!
No comments:
Post a Comment