Tuesday, October 18, 2011

new schedule

in an effort to create a consistent routine for our mornings I made a schedule with pictures for charlie. I am hoping that by him knowing what is coming next there will be less discussions/challenges/timeouts/me being frustrated, etc. he seems to love it and knows what is coming next. I am also trying to get pictures of him doing the various parts of the schedule so I can put his picture in replace of some random google image.  I took one of him the other morning while he was praying (well practicing praying) and I thought it was so precious. while he sits at the breakfast table he always likes to have the schedule with him. our new schedule is wake up, get dressed, play cars, 8 am breakfast, pray, practice bible verse, chores (empty silverware on days we need it), play trains, get ready to go.

october 2011 030

5 comments:

  1. that is awesome - and check out that picture of you, bill and a very little c-little in the back! i love that he loves the list ... he is your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right - it's precious!!!! Great idea with the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a good idea! I recently did a monthly calendar with Addison, but the morning schedule is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! That is such a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep it up, steph. i love following along your blog. it makes me feel like we all still live in the same place. i obviously don't have kids- so no first hand advice with your post below about charlie's acting out- but i will tell you our child/developmental specialists would give you a huge high five and tell you to keep at it. it is definitely just a phase, but that being said, you are setting important standards and training him in the way of discipline and respect for you and bill. this will pay HUGE dividends in the coming years and on into his teenage years. obviously you have to pick your battles with what you have energy for but keep it up! it will be worth it! i'm praying for you! we leave for kenya in a week for another international rotation! hard to believe. miss you.
    -ashley sutton

    ReplyDelete