sadly we have come to the end of bill’s research block. these past 6 months have flown by. he started research the day the girls were discharged from the hospital (praise God!) and ended it last saturday while he was in Greece (more on that later). this has been our first week back to real life and luckily I knew what to expect. we are back to his 7 pm arrival time on most days (he leaves well before we are up for the day), which means he will miss the girls bedtime every single night of the week (since they start baths at 6 pm). that also means that I will be putting the girls to sleep alone most nights except for when bubba comes and stays over or becca is loving enough to spend her dinner time with us. the hardest part has been watching charlie really miss bill. he thrives when bill is around. I am thankful for a husband who works hard and is present when he is home. we definitely enjoy the moments we are all home together.
in other schmitt news - I am done pumping every day – yeah! I am slowly weaning the girls and I am down to nursing them 3 times each day and the rest of their feedings they get bottles. I am loving it. I have my emotional moments of when I think about missing nursing them, but then charlie runs in and interrupts the feeding and I remember why it is better for me, the girls and charlie to stop.
I ordered diapers for the girls this week for the FIRST time since before their birth! I had ordered lots and lots of newborn, size 1 and size 2 diapers prior to the girls arrival with loads of coupons and had estimated the number I would need per size and I was right on. no idea how it worked out so perfectly, but it was awesome.
Wow! Big changes, Steph! I'm glad Bill's research timing worked out so perfectly. Sorry you are back to real life. I know how hard it is to put two babies to bed (and add a 2 year old to that!), so, I am glad you have Bubba and Becca to help out some times.
ReplyDelete