let me count the ways. she…
1. took vacation days to come and visit us and help me out while bill was in greece.
2. helped me in the middle of the night with ellie and claire when they had 102 fevers from their 6 month shots (and all of the nights when they decided to stop sleeping most of the night).
3. came to an appointment with me to help me manage all of the children.
4. brought charlie, ellie and claire gifties.
5. every morning she would make coffee and often emptied the dishwasher (this is a HUGE one because sometimes I feel like all I do is empty the dishwasher).
6. worked out with me a couple of mornings (the only days we were both guaranteed a shower).
7. stayed home with the girls one morning so that charlie and I could have a “date” to the rac where we played on the climbing equipment, golf, basketball, etc together.
8. navigated the apple orchard with me and the kids.
9. watched the movie bridesmaids 3 nights in a row with me. it is hysterical!!!
10. mastered making charlie’s lunch and feeding the girls.
thank you suzanne for a great week. I loved your company and help. i am looking forward to bill’s next trip so that you can come and visit again (or come again whenever you have recovered from this trip). I am so blessed to have a sister like you! love you!
charlie and auntie suz with charlie’s new shirt on. it is perfect for his king in the castle chair in the stroller. thanks auntie suz!
claire and ellie with auntie suz. ellie is sporting one of the gifts from suzanne – a missoni sweater from target (that were so hot they were sold out instantly). suz also got a pair of leggings for when they are older.
we were trying to get a picture with suzanne and the kids, but it was not working.
kind of describes our week. charlie not doing what I want him to do and the girls being distracted.
cuddling watching cars before bed.
I love my sweet boy.
saturday morning we made it to the orchard.
I swear I have a picture just like this of him last year. so crazy to see how much he has changed in a year.
another picture of me and charlie. oh how his unique smile always makes me giggle.
a laydle kiss.
charlie likes to really dig in when he gets somewhere. within minutes he had handfuls hay all over.
after getting up from their little cat nap in the car and cleaning up claire’s blow out we got the girls into the stroller and set up with their bottles (this is the great thing about doing bottles at their 9-10 am feeding – so much more convenient than nursing them in the car!).
charlie was so happy to be free. the orchard had some animals and lots of space to run. perfect for my busy boy.
then we ran into our wonderful friends the dufendachs (unplanned!). charlie and addison were delighted.
the boys loved climbing all over these hay bales.
what sweet friends these two are.
nicole even snapped a picture of suzanne and I with claire and charlie. ellie was sipping on her bottle in the stroller.
phew! what a week!
Great blog! It REALLY makes me want to have another baby girl (not right now!) so Kaia can have a sister. I'm totally jealous (in a GOOD way!) that you have such an awesome sister. Love my brothers, but it's not quite the same!
ReplyDeleteGlad you loved the orchard...I'm looking forward to our social out there!
steph...LOVE that Suz also has a patagonia on....I mean, what else would you wear in the fall if you are a Butz/Schmitt? and Bridesmaids? HILARIOUS!!! My fav scene is the one in the coffee shop...totally inappropriate but makes me laugh out loud!!!!
ReplyDelete