Tuesday, May 24, 2011

2 months!!!

claire and ellie were 2 months old yesterday! our two little beauties are growing and developing perfectly. we had their 2 month well child appointment today and here are their stats…

ellie weighed 8 lbs 4 ozs (4% on the regular growth curve, rocking the preemie growth chart) and was in the 5th percentile for height (52.4 cm). as typically with our kiddos her head circumference was in the 28th percentile (charlie was always in the 90th percentile)!

claire weighed 9 lbs 5 ozs (16% on the regular growth curve, really rocking out the preemie growth chart) and was in the 21st percentile for height (54.5 cm). her head is almost the same size as her sisters and was in the 21st percentile.

it is no surprise that claire is bigger than ellie because she continues to be a better eater than ellie. we also think ellie spends more energy grunting than claire, which has to burn more calories.

the girls are now smiling like crazy and beginning to coo and “talk” cry to us. we just love it!

they are sleeping like champs and we have some rough nights, but they do give us consistently one 6-7 hour stretch. I just wish I could pick the hours that they slept those hours in a row. the last couple nights they were really fussy between 8-11pm and then slept until 5 am. not too bad ladies!

prior to the last two nights, our routine was that they would usually eat between 6-7 am and then went back to sleep until around 10-11 am (sometimes charlie and I can get to the RAC and they sleep while I workout). then they eat again between 10-11 am and then fuss and eat until around 1pm. between 1 and 2 they fall back asleep until almost 4 pm (which means I can get something done or sleep during charlies nap). they eat again at 4 pm and continue to eat until around 9-10 pm. we usually give them a bottle around 8 or 9 pm to stock them up for the night. then they get up around 3 am and we give them bottles (and I pump) and then the cycle repeats itself.

on a separate note, I had a great friend, kris, and her kids down to hang out for the afternoon last week. sadie, her daughter, has been dying to meet ellie and claire and it was just precious to watch sadie soak up the time holding them. she held claire for the longest time and claire just slept peacefully. what fun it was to watch sadie delight in the girls.

May 2011 002

May 2011 007

May 2011 009

charlie instantly wanted to “hold hold” when he saw sadie holding claire. so charlie is holding ellie and sadie is holding claire.

May 2011 005

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with their growth! And their sleeping.... :) I hope they pass those skills onto their new little friend in my tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend's little girl is so adorable. Isn't it fun to think of your girls at that age??

    ReplyDelete