as a mom, i definitely underestimate what charlie hears and remembers. while we were in denver we didn’t have any of his books packed so I would read him the books that I have memorized (which is more than I care to admit). lately when reading I will let charlie fill in some words (ie: then max said…”be still” (charlie will say with hand motions) from where the wild things are). one morning we were all hanging out in our bed waiting for the day to start and we decided to “read” some books. he asked to read goodnight moon so I started off. bill told me to leave out the last words from each page and see if he knew them and sure enough….he finished every line of the book. here is just a taste of what it sounded like. I was rolling with laughter realizing every time I read these books to him he knows the next words.
me: in the great green…
charlie: “room”
me: there was a red…
charlie: “balloon”
me: and a picture of a…
charlie: “cow….da…da…moon” (cow jumping over the moon)
me: and there were three little…
charlie: “bears”
me: sitting on…
charlie: “chairs”
No comments:
Post a Comment