Wednesday, January 26, 2011

milk…please

since coming home from beaver creek, charlie has been sleeping in his new room. due to a friend’s generosity he is still sleeping in a crib, but it is now downstairs. on his first night in his new room I started the new space heater I had purchased for his room and kissed him goodnight. I turned on the monitor when I went to sleep because I wanted to make sure I knew what was going on since he is now downstairs from us and I am a little scared about him sleeping on the lower level. around 3:30 am I heard charlie saying “milk…please” over and over and over. I was delirious and kept thinking he would go back to sleep so I just let him continue on. I also checked him out on video and he didn’t look upset so I figured he was just adjusting to his new room or schedule since we were back on central time. by 4:15 or 4:30 am I figured I should probably go check on him. I brought some milk with me as I went downstairs. as I entered his room I was greeted with a blast of hot, humid (I had a humidifier running too) air. I saw on the space heater that his room was 90 degrees!!! then I hear charlie…”hi mama…milk…please”. I felt horrible! no wonder the kid wanted some milk he was sleeping in a sauna. surprisingly he wasn’t drenched in sweat (I think because he had been standing up asking for milk – not sleeping in the blankets). he downed 2 glasses of milk and I let his room cool down. I then rubbed his back until he went back to sleep. in the morning, I read the space heater directions and realized with this heater every time you turn it on you have to “reset” the max heat setting you want. arg! I felt like such a neglectful mom!

in other funny charlie news he always says “shyep” when he says yes. and “nope…mmhmm” for no. it cracks bill and me up.

he is constantly saying "hold hold hold" or "me me me" because he wants to do everything by himself and usually wants to hold whatever we have. when i want to put his shoes on he says "me me me tie shoes". so now i have to try to put on his shoes and tie them all while convincing him that he is doing it. i wish he could tie his shoes now, but that just isn't going to happen for awhile.

when he wants me to come play with him he calls me like he calls lily..."mama! come!" or he says "mama...play...cars...now!" occasionally he will throw a please in, which usually gets more of a response from me. i do love how much he is trying to communicate now.

No comments:

Post a Comment