Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Ellie with the backwards E

We sat down to do our valentines the other day and I thought Ellie would have a very hard time because she almost never writes a letter for me. I don’t think I have ever seen her write her name.

Well –before I knew it she was busting out her name! It was crazy how all of a sudden she was just doing it, but then I realized it was Ellie and of course that is how she would do it. When she decides to do something she just does (or in this case when she really wanted to write her name she did, but she wasn’t going to be told to write it just because!).

I was beyond proud of her!

DSC_4776

notice the extra flare on some of the Es. Love that.

DSC_4777

DSC_4778

Claire worked on hers as well and surprisingly had a hard time free styling her name. She can trace it really well (where Ellie won’t trace it) and can usually just write letters, but had a hard time placing her letters in the proper row without lines or help. Was fun to watch her get better at them as we went along. Good things we only address Valentines yearly – I don’t think I could handle it much more than that!

DSC_4779

As you can see on the wall – Ellie wrote her name a few times with Elli (E = the last E is backwards facing towards the other one). She would only right it the correct way if I told her to. She said she didn’t like that and wanted them to face each other. It cracked me up because that is EXACTLY ellie to decide how she wants to write her letters.

DSC_4781

DSC_4780

You can also see that Bill drew Ellie and Claire some really pretty princesses. Well – Ellie’s is below.

DSC_4782

Bill drew Claire’s and wanted to make them a bit different so he added some teeth and let me tell you that was the WRONG choice! Claire cried about it for over an hour and this was her face. She despised those teeth and at the first chance she had she colored over them. ha!

DSC_4783

These two always keep us on our toes!

1 comment:

  1. I can see why Claire was a bit sad ... her princess is scary!!! Love seeing their personalities come out with things like writing their names!

    ReplyDelete