Saturday, December 7, 2013

St. Nicks…sort of

I will fully admit that I am not very into the Christmas Spirit –  it just doesn’t feel like Christmas! I did still remember to buy the kids ornaments for the year and wanted to give them to them before my parents went home so they could bring them home for me (we aren’t having a tree this year). Bill presented the kids with the stockings.

DSC_9062

DSC_9064

claire opening her stocking first.

DSC_9066

DSC_9067

it is a red kiwi bird!

DSC_9077

ellie’s gold kiwi bird!

DSC_9071

DSC_9072

DSC_9076

I love that charlie – even after seeing his sisters open theirs is still excited – it’s a silver kiwi bird!

DSC_9079

DSC_9081

showing their birds off.

DSC_9084

bill opening up his ornament.

DSC_9085

a Photukawa tree flower – aka – A Christmas tree flower since they flower during December and are red.

DSC_9087

DSC_9088

nana and g. pops gave me a Pukeko bird.

DSC_9090

bill’s ornament.

DSC_9091

I also put a little cut out of ice cream cones in the stockings so the kids could redeem their ice cream when they wanted it. I’m pretty much a slacker this year, but am loving not having to think too much about the gifts, decorations, cooking, baking, wrapping, organizing, etc of it. Instead – I am just working on reminding myself (and the kids) what Christmas is REALLY about!

No comments:

Post a Comment