Saturday, December 21, 2013

Bubba, Pappy, Dotes & Uncle Elliot arrive!!!

YEAH!!! After waiting 162 days they arrived!!! I almost cried a few times because they were delayed 5 hours from San Fran and then diverted to Honolulu for a medical emergency so they arrived about 10 hours later than planned, but they made it. The kids were silent for the first time all day once they were in their arms. Charlie started crying with emotions. It was AWESOME!

The next morning – everyone slept wonderfully and were so happy to be hanging out!

DSC_9430

Tuesday was our first day of exploring and we went to One Tree Hill to start. It was beautiful out!

DSC_9431

DSC_9432

DSC_9433

DSC_9434

DSC_9435

DSC_9436

DSC_9437

We then drove to the North Shore and visited my happy place – Little & Friday. The most adorable bakery/cafĂ© and it has INCREDIBLE food!

DSC_9445

It is a food/style bloggers dream (not that I am either one of those – but people who are would FREAK out there). I was snapping these photos quickly with kids bumping me. With the proper framing it would be a slice of heaven.

DSC_9438

Snapping a picture of their awesome water jugs with mint and cinnamon sticks, iced coffee (heaven in a cup) and a flat white. mmmm.

DSC_9441

the kids’ iced hot chocolate.

DSC_9442

DSC_9443

DSC_9446

DSC_9447

I basically order one of everything.

DSC_9448

we went to Cheltenham Beach in Devonport to catch some rays.

DSC_9449

DSC_9450

DSC_9452

DSC_9455

DSC_9456

claire wanted to go in the middle spot and she was buried extra deep.

DSC_9458

charlie found I think an alive sand dollar. I had never seen one before!

DSC_9460

DSC_9463

then on to Mt. Eden before heading home!

DSC_9466

Bubba with Ellie and Pap (as charlie has been calling him) with Claire.

DSC_9468

DSC_9470

love this!

DSC_9471

I took a picture of Charlie sleeping in the car because I was parked outside his window to make sure he was ok.

DSC_9477

me and dotes – so fun to have her around!

DSC_9478

these two were cracking us up. claire was making the cutest faces. she had taken a BIG digger earlier with her new flippy floppies on.

DSC_9482

DSC_9484

DSC_9486

DSC_9487

a little seestor kiss.

DSC_9490

miss eleanore with bubba’s hat.

DSC_9493

Wednesday we headed west to Muriwai.

DSC_9498

DSC_9499

it was a little chilly.

DSC_9500

after Muriwai we went back to our favorite stream walk.

DSC_9501

DSC_9502

I was happy to have uncle elliot around to do some hard work!

DSC_9503

DSC_9504

DSC_9508

busted out some family races.

DSC_9516

mary doing some serious hard work- hoisting up both girls.

DSC_9519

DSC_9521

elliot did a little badger fit himself!

DSC_9530

true badger fit – running with both girls and chasing charlie.

DSC_9531

E&C had a couple of races. still neck and neck.

DSC_9533

DSC_9536

No comments:

Post a Comment