Monday, September 12, 2011

classic

this morning the girls both slept until almost 7 am (6:45) and charlie jumped out of his crib. classic.

ellie and claire both have been sleeping better and better. we put them down around 6:30 and then at 10:15-30ish we do a “dream feed”. basically we stick a bottle in their sleeping mouths and they suck down about 4 ounces each! they have been sleeping later and later but today was the first time to both make it to almost 7. I should feel well-rested, but I was up way to late (midnight) and then did have to calm claire down at 2 am for a bit. poor bill was working on a project until 2 am so he didn’t get a full night either.

then c-little decided to jump out of his crib this morning. I knew this was coming because he started jumping out of his crib while on vacation, but it is so fitting that it would happen just when the girls start sleeping better. no way are we going to get good sleep around here for awhile. for nap today I put him in his crib with his bapoo and said goodnight. after dealing with the girls for about 30 minutes I heard some action on the train set. sure enough – he actually jumped out to get out of nap time. time to give him choices. he can 1. sleep in the big bed without his bapoo or 2. sleep in his crib with his bapoo. under no circumstance can he leave his bedroom. if he does the door will be locked and he will not come out of his room until he has napped. today he decided to sleep in the big bed with no bapoo. this is when having a video monitor is the best thing ever…seriously, if you don’t have one get one for these situations. I was able to watch him upstairs and see him flail around in the bed, play with trains and then get out of the bed. so I went down there and reiterated the rules. he ended up choosing the crib with bapoo this time. if he does it again I will choose for him. I am actually hoping he will start sleeping in the big bed with no bapoo soon. I am determined to kick the bapoo habit at the same time I am dealing with the transition to a big bed. we will see if I can keep this plan. it will probably depend on how sleep deprived I am getting. 

anyone want to come be our night nanny???

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Steph! You guys are great parents. I love how consistent you are with rules/discipline. Your hard work is going to pay off - it already has!

    ReplyDelete