Saturday, June 18, 2016

Final Day of 1st Grade


Friday - June 16th - the last morning at The Oaks. The parents are there with siblings for most of the day because the whole school gets cleaned up for the summer. Everything washed, etc. The girls played with the kids outside, then watched the movie with the kids and then wrapped up the morning with Charlie's class in a circle. Each child said what they loved about first grade and what they were going to do this summer. It was pretty entertaining. 


Before heading to the last Cantabile for the year we took Mrs. Holland's classic slide picture. She does this yearly with her class. 

I can't say enough about Mrs. Holland. She was a DREAM of a teacher! She was loving, fun, witty and yet set the boundaries of the oaks perfectly for them. 

Charlie is up in the upper left.


being silly

 After this we headed to an outdoor Cantabile with the whole school and many parents. It was lovely, but it was hot and in the sun. Following that we had a big pizza lunch and then I braved the uniform sale. Around that time I found Charlie and the kids playing and Charlie was complaining of a headache and stomach ache. We got in the car and he was having a full migrane (which he has had before). I felt horrible! I thankfully had some advil in the car which he took and then covered up his head and took a break. This photo summed up how we all felt after yesterday. But we made it!!!! 


I am so sad I didn't get a picture with Charlie and Mrs. Holland - hopefully soon when we see her again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment