Thursday, May 26, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

Having kids in school makes Mother's day more special. I loved going to the events the teachers put on and seeing the gifts the kids made. 

We played games outside together first. Loved the running mom/son games.
Charlie's class had a whole presentation.


Me and C - he really got it this year and wanted to celebrate me. So sweet! 

Each child had decorated a cake for their mom.


my cake. mmmmm
 
Claire's heart she made at Ms MAry's. Love these. 

Ellie's art - they loved giving me their "surprises"

Thought this was sweet as said by claire about why her mother is important - because she understands me when I'm sad.

Mother's Day - Bill was on call, but still packed an entire lunch and we took a hike and skipped church when he saw I was a bit more emotional than I normally am. It was a perfect storm of hormones, stress for no reason, expectations, younameit. But he redeemed the day! I am so thankful for him!

It was pretty hot on the hike and the kids weren't used to it. Love this photo. Can you believe these woods are in our backyard?!?!? Love spokane! 
While Bill was rounding earlier in the morning (probably one of the causes for my slight breakdown - even though it is no fault of his that he has call duties) - the kids started drawing me notes. It was so sweet. 

Claire drew this: 

then this -- she told me she drew me an umbrella, but upon seeing it I laughed so hard I cried. Then showed Bill when he came home and he died. then I posted it to facebook to make 100+ friends laugh  -- so thankful for my kindercare. 

Ellie with her drawing for me.

we had to get claire with her photos. 

then because I have a first grader who was observing my emotions - he wrote a story about how once upon a time there was a mom on mothers day and she cried. I had to tell them a few times that I cried once because I was emotional and for no real reason and for the other because i thought something was funny. it was good for them to watch me have emotions and for them to respond. 

charlie labeled it "non fecin" (non-fiction)

here are photos of the stuff I received.







you can imagine with that many notes some of them might end up disappearing at some point so I wanted to save them in photo form. 

proof Claire has artistic talents

Love my family and so thankful for them! Glad they can put up with my emotional swings too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment