Friday, December 25, 2015

IRS Christmas Miracle

The year we were in NZ was 2013. We have been dealing with the IRS over our 2013 taxes for 2 years now. I cannot tell you the number of hours I have spent on the phone dealing with this or the hours collecting more documents to detail out what we had already given them. I finally found a Tax Advocate service that really helped expedite the process. It still took about 7-8 months, but after resending all of our info to the IRS again in Sept we received a letter at the end of November saying we wouldn't hear anything until the middle of January (this is how the IRS works by the way - in 8-10 week blocks). 
Imagine my surprise when 5 days after I received the "sorry - no response expected until jan" letter i saw in the stack of Christmas cards a US treasury. GASP!! Could it really be here!?!? 

I opened it up and squealed! Sweet to finally have our return (probably our last), but also just to be DONE with this! 

Bill proclaimed it was a Christmas Miracle and he is probably right. WAHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment