Friday, November 23, 2012

team work

it is incredible – the last 2 play dates nicole and I have had with our kiddos charlie and addison have played the entire time without ANY FIGHTS!! this might not seem like a big deal to anyone but nicole and me, but we have literally been managing them since they were about 12 months old.  they love each other so much and have so much fun together, but it is hard to share toys and work together and it takes time to be able to really play together (a brief 2.5 years – note to self). last week, nicole came over with addison and cayden and once they arrived charlie and addison did one lap running around upstairs then ran downstairs and instantly began playing trains. they played perfectly the entire time. once becca (who had also joined the party) mentioned seeing if the boys wanted to come up and eat – nicole and I quickly said “no! they will come up when they are hungry. we don’t want to interrupt them”. sure enough, when they were hungry they ran upstairs, sat and chowed down 2 pieces of pizza and then ran back down to play until it was time to go. epic.

here they are working together to get a super long train through the tracks. I also have to give charlie some props. he has been FANTASTIC about sharing. he knows addison loves the train called kevin and before addison comes over he will go find kevin and give it to addison when he comes in to play. it has been delightful to watch him enjoy sharing his things with a friend.

November 2012 005

November 2012 006

November 2012 007

November 2012 008

I know what you are thinking – who engineered such a fantastic track? me – that’s who. guess I can add train track engineer to my list of careers now too.

November 2012 009

now nicole and I are working with cayden, ellie and claire on sharing and playing nicely. and so it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment