I have finally mastered the art of bathing all 3 of my little rambunctious chitlins at the same time by myself! it has been a few weeks now that I have been doing it and it has made my evenings go much smoother. bill is rarely home before 7 so every week I get all the kids stripped down around 6 pm and load them up in the tub. eleanore and claire are squealing with delight while the tub is filling and trying to climb in. then the second they get in they both start crawling around, standing up and dropping back down into the water (I don’t ever remember charlie doing this, but they love it). charlie is the only one who actually remains sitting in the tub. but all 3 of them are really loving the time together – splashing and giggling together. and it is a great way to move the evening along for me. then I wrestle both of the girls out of the tub (which is a sight – trust me) and bring them into their room to get them dressed (it is so much easier to just wrestle them both at once) while charlie plays with his cars in the tub. since I am busy keeping all the kids above water I can’t take any pictures of the 3 of them. maybe I will try to snap some pictures tomorrow night when bill Is home.
after the baths I give the girls some of their bottles in the living room. here is the strategy for that.
then after they take about half of their bottle I let them cruise around for a bit and then put one in the office and take one with me into the nursery to finish off the bottle and lay them down. charlie loves this time because he gets to watch george.
if bill is lucky he makes it home in time to see the badgers. the girls light up when they see him and will not stop for anything to get to him. they just keep crawling and babbling and whining after him. charlie is also pumped to see dad and has a hard time splitting the attention with his sisters (bill probably has a hard time dividing it properly, but he does a fantastic job just soaking them all in!).
here is bill getting attacked on the big bed. you can only see charlie’s feet because he was diving into the pillows.
more dad time.
bill is such a wonderful dad. I love how he can walk through the door and forget the stresses of his day, the work he still has to do, the pager beeping as he walks in and just soak in the kids and their love for him. he does a great job being present for them and pouring love into them. thanks weyam. I love you!
Love the pictures of Weyam and fam. Adorable!
ReplyDelete