After we moved in, Bill and I decided that we wanted to put a built-in desk on this wall in our lower level. Bill had randomly stumbled upon Wanye who does custom woodworking and we began discussing with him our options. Bill sketched up our idea and Wayne agreed. We put a deposit down for him to do it this winter. He was able to start working on it at the end of Nov-beginning of December and was ready to install before Christmas. Here Wayne is bringing in the cabinet bottoms. He makes all of it from hand.
the “before” wall.
he had an audience.
stage 2.
doing the electrical for the pendant lights.
stage 3. the final touches (the lights in the pendants were outdoor bulbs so were super bright in these photos).
wayne wrapped up the final touches on Sunday and here it is. We still have to get office chairs (I know the ones, but am waiting until we want to actually buy them). I also have dreams of putting these pretty scalloped gold edged pinboards on the walls behind the desk – but again – when we want to spend more big ones on it. It is so great to have some desk space!!!
this one has the pendant lights on (makes it hard to see with my iphone).
pendants off.
this COMPLETELY changes the use of our lowest level. We also have our projector up and running so I feel like we are really living down here a ton. So thankful that we did this!
charlie cheering on Rodgers and the Packers!! Bill is very happy about his 140 inch viewing wall. When you turn the projector off it is great because the wall is there. Eventually, there will be a media stand, etc – all in time.
LOVE the new built in. I had noticed it in some of your Christmas pictures and was like "Oooo! I didn't know they had that!" Haha. It looks great.
ReplyDeleteLove the side by side desks dewd!
ReplyDelete