Monday, September 8, 2014

officially a soccer mom

Charlie started Soccer last week and had his first game this past Saturday. I feel like we are entering a new era – the having commitments on Saturday mornings era. It was super exciting to have Nana visiting for his first game (although I don’t think I took 1 picture of her! Horrible me!).

Starting the big morning off right with a hearty breakfast.

DSC_3945

The start of the game caused some nerves from Charlie, but we were proud when he decided to pull it together and join his team.

DSC_3946

Coach Mickey and Coach Chad are great.

DSC_3947

DSC_3948

Charlie is #2, which is awesome because my brother – Danny – was  always #2. Charlie randomly came up with “number 2 to the rescue!” as his slogan, which I thought was pretty witty.

DSC_3951

DSC_3952

Some of the players on Charlie’s team are the youngest in the family (with other siblings who play soccer) and MAN can you tell! I can see in E&C how much more aggressive they are than charlie and it shows on the soccer field. Charlie can pull some great moves, but he plays more of a defensive stance than offensive.

DSC_3953

DSC_3954

You can spot Charlie because he wore his black pants with neon green on them – he didn’t believe us that kids would all be wearing the same thing. lesson learned – we will see if he catches on for this week.

DSC_3955

in ACTION!

DSC_3956

he even scored a goal! It was a bit of a shoe in, but he was there when it counted!

DSC_3957

DSC_3959

DSC_3960

corner kick by c.little.

DSC_3961

DSC_3962

so proud of you Charlie and I can tell you love being part of a team! GO BLUE JAGUARS (their name, which surprisingly got voted in over Blue Ninjas…so confusing!)

4 comments:

  1. I am just swooning over Charlie in his little soccer outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! Way to go Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be an awesome soccer mom! Go Charlie! And p.s. Definitely see the same thing (young sibs more aggressive) over here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to be able to join the soccer fun!

    ReplyDelete