Sunday, March 6, 2011

party prep

my parents came into town this weekend to help celebrate charlie’s birthday (1 month early – april 9th is his actual birthday) and my birthday. as usual, I had a list for my dad when he arrived. charlie loves helping g. pops with his projects.

March 2011 011

he also loves working on his balance with pops and singing “ahhhhh”.

March 2011 012

I was so happy when the fire truck cake came out of the model without any issues.

March 2011 015

then I set about frosting the cake. it went pretty smoothly, but we did have a few unplanned trips to the store/s because who knew you needed a TON of red dye to turn white frosting into a fire truck red color. in case you were wondering, yes my hand and forearm were sore by the end of the day.

March 2011 018

glad to be nearing the end.

March 2011 019

the finished cake. charlie was delighted to see the cake after he woke up from nap.

March 2011 024

bill was taking his inservice exam the entire day so when he arrived home we had an easy dinner and I got to blow out some candles for my 29th birthday. my mom brought these party popper things that were super loud. obviously, charlie loved them.








we ended the night with hanging some decorations.

March 2011 031

I totally critiqued bill for hanging these streamers and had to eat my words when they were charlie’s most favorite thing in the morning. it was precious to watch him run into the living room and catch the streamers in the corner of his eye...stop and go back to the streamers and instantly start running through them. he then continued to want to run around the island going through the streamers each lap saying "more this" when he would finish. it was a delight to see his excitement.

March 2011 032

No comments:

Post a Comment