ahhhhhh!! the weeks are flying by and I am both excited and ready to meet our girls and freaking out at the thought of what 2 newborns/babies/toddlers is going to be like. I can’t even think about the sleepless nights or it sends me into a downward spiral. I love my sleep and I am much more “with it” when I get it. so I am just enjoying the full nights of rest I am getting now, the ease of running errands with 1 child, the ability to go to the RAC and workout almost daily, and the extra time I have with charlie because I know my life is going to get flipped upside down in 4 short weeks. I also know these girls are easier inside than out.
anyway – we had another great ultrasound today. the girls are doing wonderfully and don’t look like they want out yet (praise God!). baby a weighs about 3 lbs 10 oz and baby b weighs about 3 lbs 12 oz. the only new news was that baby b “flipped” and is now breech. a few nights ago, I woke up thinking that the girls were moving a TON and that something funky was going on in there. that must have been when baby b flipped around or they were just having play time – who knows. I have no idea how there is enough space in there to flip, but the ultrasound tech would say things like “oh they swim around a lot in there” or “she looks comfy”…what? are you looking at the same babies I am? I mean baby a has her foot by her mouth and the tech was describing her as looking “very relaxed and comfy”! in other news, we scheduled my c-section today for march 23rd. if I go into labor naturally, I will most likely try to deliver the girls naturally. however, I am not getting induced again. so if they decide to stay put until march 23rd I will go in for a planned c-section. originally my doctor wanted to deliver them on monday of that week, but with bill only getting 48 hours off and the girls doing so well our doctor agreed that it would be ok if we pushed it back a couple days. that way bill will get his 48 hrs of leave and be able to take off friday and have about 5 days with us. ah the joys of residency.
here is baby a with her foot by her mouth. she is folded in half!
here is baby b. their profiles are getting hard to see because their bones are becoming thicker (or at least that is what bill told me).
here I am at 32 weeks (this past sunday…thanks for letting me use your shirt kate! I love it!).
and just because he is sooo cute. here is charlie with bill’s hat on (from when he was younger). I love that laura saved some of bill’s stuff. I really need to try to do that.
I thought about you yesterday and said some prayers. So happy that everything looks great and those two are growing like crazy! Pretty soon they will be bigger than Savannah and Sawyer were when they were born---yay! You look fab and sound like you're enjoying every minute before life gets crazy---of course, a good type of crazy :)
ReplyDeleteYou are handling things way better than I was at this point and you still look amazing. It's so exciting that there are two tiny lives in there. It looks like their weights are good and not too much of a difference. Praise God! I am sure this is very encouraging to you guys. We will continue praying for your two girls. Are you still going in every two weeks or do you go every week now? Elise & Eva are very excited to meet their new friends. :)
ReplyDelete