Thursday, December 16, 2010

charlie’s baby

meet charlie’s baby…his name is “baby” (that is what he told me when I asked him).

December 2010 003

eating breakfast holding his baby.

December 2010 002

I was hoping getting charlie a baby doll would help him start to process what is going to happen in T-13 weeks. overall, he is sort of interested in his baby. he loves that his baby has a “bap po” (pacifier). charlie is pretty gentle with his baby and then all of a sudden he waps the baby on the face and then realizes what he did and leans over and kisses the baby and says “nice” (what he always says when he knows he is doing something nice or kind). not sure how I will fix that issue.

as for real babies, charlie is really interested in them. I have lots of friends having babies and we just visited my friend julia and her 3 day old little boy zane. charlie loves seeing babies. he will approach them slowly and then once he warms up he wants to “help” a lot. zane was in his bouncy chair and it took both julia and me to keep the bouncy chair from sending zane across the room. his idea of a gentle rock is much different than mine. we also had to manage how much charlie wanted to kiss zane and point out his facial features. at one point I looked at julia and said “how do you protect 2 babies??”…hmmmm. thankfully, we have a couple more months to work on charlie’s baby etiquette.

1 comment:

  1. maybe if you name the babies, "kaia" charlie with just hug and kiss them! :)

    ReplyDelete